Re: [MV] Insurance underwriters?

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:03:18 -0600 (CST)

>.... That means it is HIGHLY likely they will challenge any claim
>for or against you in the event you managed to hoodwink them and then got
>into some some kind of accident. They could easily claim they don't
>insure your type of vehicle, so therefore you must have withheld vital
>information, and then declare your insurance policy (which you've paid
>money for) null and void. Even if this wouldn't stand up in court (which
>I think it would) you would have to get a lawyer and challenge them for
>breech of contract (or whatever). Therefore, it is very risky to try to
>fool the insurance folks in this way.

Your right on. I can't believe what some peoples perception of insurance
companies are. If you de-fraud them by providing false or misleading
information, and they don't necessarily catch it, they will be happy to take
your money, for years, decades even . But file a claim and you better
believe that the legal department does everything (legally) that it can to
get out of it, leaving you with no insurance. Read the fine print!

je