Re: [MV] Imports of Military Vehicles and Parts:

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:18:18 -0600 (CST)

>...... I am hoping that the only national organization that I am aware
>of jump in the middle of this and represent us with some of our dues. Or does
>the MVPA only concern itself with American vehicles already in the country?

HA! I wrote the pres a letter a number of years ago. He seemed so scared of
the federal goons that his, and thus official policy of the MMVA, was to not
get involved. He told me this was a political issue and under the law of a
5013C, or whatever federal bs he quoted, they could not do anything. My
reply was, look at the NRA, why not do what they are doing, that is set up
different orgs under the big one? No reply.

Maybe the place to start would be paying more attention to the people we
elect to MMVA offices and start making this kind of thing (Mutts included)
an issue.

je