Re: [MV] Form DA 3161

Steve Thrasher (gpw42@yahoo.com)
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:41:20 -0800 (PST)

At the company level, DA3161s have several uses. In order of
precedence:

- Temporary turn in document. Used when turning property in to have it
removed from your unit's hand receipt. This is your proof of turn-in
until the property book team removes the property from the commander's
hand receipt.

- Temporary issue document. Used if you run out of DA 2062s,
Temporary Hand Receipt. Not an entirely "official" use, but it works
for keeping track of who has what property. Valid for not more than 6
months, at which point the person using the equipment must re-sign for
it.

- I've never seen it used to actually request that a higher HQ issue
a piece of equipment, though that's what the title suggests it's for.
Maybe that's a function for upper echelons.

So what does all this have to do with owning MVs? Good question.
Rick, did you get a DA 3161 as part of buying a vehicle from DRMS? If
so, that would be a good way to determine at least part of the
vehicle's history/original bumper markings.

Steve
42 GPW
Camp Casey, ROK