Re: [MV] Moron Alert!

SBJohnston@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:55:29 EDT

Roger writes:

> If I saw a weapon of this type fitted I would be nervous as I have
>no wish to die young . Would I draw my weapon?, It would
>be darn close, I guarantee you my hand would be on it, at the least,
>and I would suggest that to think an officer would act in any
>other way is to invite a real bad day on yourself.
>Police Officers must not wait and see where firearms are concerned,
>to wait is to die.

A military vehicle with what looks like a weapon mounted comes down the road.
Police officer sees it. His reaction: Nervous, perhaps. Careful, yes.
Ready for action, yes. Ask questions, yes. But start shooting? I can't see
the sense in that. Unless there is some other aspect to the situation that
makes it threatening, chances are there is no reason for such a harsh
reaction.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com