Re: [MV] Title Issues (was 1/2T Chev)

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:52:14 -0500

>. It was
>originally titled using the engine number which was a replacement engine
>and didn't match the frame and data plate and I was told by bro that
>someone could steal the jeep and retitle it with the frame number and I
>would not get it back

OK, tell me this. Did your state (what is it by the way?) give you the
option of using engine number or frame/body number? Is it stated on the
title now that it is in fact a frame and/or body number?

In WI, they seem to use either but I don't think it's actully indicated
which it is. My 46 CJ-2A for example uses the frame and body (same number)
number, but my 2 MB's are using engine numbers. I would think, if you have
the option, that the frame number would be better, but then you get away
with some stunts if you keep it with engine number.

> Now as far as the "mitey mite" that is a nick
>name for one and for two Fed Dpt of Trans has declared them unsafe and
>most states (if they recgonize the vehicles) try to get them off the
>road. (I believe that's the case) The mitey mite is the M151 right?

No, fourtunately the mitey mite (M422 and M422-A1) where let out for sale.
Other than the front wheel falling off if you don't use the later center
bolt, they seem pretty same.

je