Re: [MV] MVPA

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:27:33 -0400

Good point, Todd, but we have to make an effort to get to the general
meetings and make ourselves heard. Letter-writing works too, but not as
well. Think of this as a large corporation which is under the control of
a Board of Directors who are in it for themselves; the bottom line is
that they ARE accountable, and we have to make them so.

The world is run by politics, and populated by scumbags who spend their
lives rolling in that muck. It's no different now than it was in 1943,
and ANY armed service is rife with those self-same fools. You CAN make a
difference. Ultimately, if there are enough of you and your voices are
loud and in sync, they HAVE to listen. They have too much to lose.

Our alternative is to start another organization from scratch, but then
we start the whole game again. Our NEW organization will attract those
who think they can make a move to power... and the game goes on. We're
better off holding our PRESENT leaders accountable. MAKING them
accountable.

The men we represent with our vehicles came from a time when men WERE
accountable for their actions. It's time to reinstate those values. Your
leaders in 1776 believed it, and there's no reason we shouldn't follow
in spirit. Democracy depends on it. There's always an alternative. Let's
find it.

Geoff

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://jump.to/mapleleafup ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~