Re: [MV] f/u on HUMMVEE

Michael Howell (michael@tsixroads.com)
Sun, 08 Aug 1999 14:45:12 -0500

Michael Howell wrote:

> -------Now I would
> like to see a discussion on some of the other issues. I can't see
> giving $20,000 for what has been described, i.e. bare M998's with no
> doors no top no seat cover etc., with rusted frames and off road use
> only. Add this to not knowing the condition of any of the vital parts,
> i.e. motor, trans, fuel system, brakes etc. and no test drive. I'm
> thinking $5000 to $10000. What do the rest of you think? Are there
> really 300 of you that plan to go and pay $20000? And what about this
> frame problem with 1985's.----

Well, no one has said they were going to the sale and buy one of these at
any price. From the lack of interest on this list I would say that a lot of
these won't sell. Does this mean that these have more value to people who
plan to use them as they are? Or do they have any value? :) And what about
this guy in Texas. I thought I was watching the DRMO sales pretty closely
and I haven't seen any for sale. Where are these people getting these
things anyway?

Has anyone looked at these yet?

No one has responded to the rust problem either.

Michael Howell
Tishomingo, MS