Re: [MV] Indian MAHINDRA

Mauricio Mora (mora_mauricio@hotmail.com)
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 08:33:13 PDT

Hi List:

I live in Colombia and during the 50's and 60's a local company assembled
under license the CJ-6 in a 4-cyl version also called 'Ford Llanero".

Currently a group of enterpenuers located in our country's coffee belt is
assembling & marketing a somewhat similar version of a CJ-3.

As a remark the willys jeep in all its flavors has been used in the coffee
belt where this jeeps replaced the mules in the late 40's and are still the
preferred method of transportation for roads not even cosidered as such.

I got my 42 MB from that region where it was used to carry coffee and ended
up being used as the transport for a local "mariachi" band.

Hope this information helps complementing your excelent list.

Mauricio
42 MB in Colombia