Re: UNCLAS//N11240//Re: [MV] Import/MV's

DR R.E. ROBERTS (DRRICK@wcc.net)
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 21:59:20 -0500

Just a thought - but I recall that the bill of rights were an acknowledgement of certain rights already
existing and NOT GRANTED by government, thus they can not be removed by an act of government. Also remember
that the SUPREME COURT you hold in high regard, at one time said slavery was OK. Times change but the words in
the document are still very easy to understand. If we say we no longer have the right to freedom of thought, I
suspect people will still think, Some others will simply try to imprison them for it. Such is the history of
governments.
I often have enjoyable discussions with my sister ( a judge ) and My best friend ( constitutional lawyer ) on
this very subject. Our deduction is that it is a moot point, as the bill of rights has been effectively
destroyed by the shear power of the federal government today.

In good spirit;
Rick Roberts