Re: [MV] News-Mil Veh Imports to US

Glenn Goodman (GGOODMAN@novell.com)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:06:48 -0600

Pretty hard nosed and extreme there, aren't we? No, just fed up with the =
FED and right on target. I like the comments about sitting in front of =
the TV.
Anyone ever read Farenheit 451? Also some short stories in Ray Bradbury's =
Twice Twenty Two about how the government controls the masses through the =
media. Right on target and happening in our time. Television is evil and =
should be outlawed. It's turned us into a nation of pudding heads. We go =
along with whatever the media tells us and they go along with whatever the =
government wants us to hear and see. Is TV really evil? No, but many =
persons in control of programming are. Why blame the TV? It's easy. We =
don't have to take any personal responsibilty or initiative. Pushing the =
OFF button would be a good first step.
See how intertwined so many issues can become? MV ownership to gun =
control to TV control, so on and so on. We need to be involved with any =
and all efforts to get government out of our pockets and out of our lives. =
If I'm not part of the solution I am part of the problem. Trite but =
true.

At 10:56 PM 7/9/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Well done Jack! these are encouraging news indeed... Let's not
>blow it by being overly intransigeant: if we make it a case of
>BLACK & WHITE, all or nothing, then surely we will end up with
>nothing...

You guys have it all wrong...my opinion...why should we accept less then
100% of the pie? Just who the hell are these pencilheads making all these
decisions...being paid with my tax dollars......and taking my freedom away
from me....for some handout of some false sense of security.....?

Be prepared to justify everything you do if you let these geeks get away
with this.=20

You need to get your chapter members together and call on your Congressman
and Senator..let him know you will not accept any compromise on your
freedom,,,NONE!

Let him know you will and can choose your representatives. All you
Democrats and Republicans join your local caucus...and be heard.

A line does have to drawn in the sand.....no more compromises...or just
give it up for your grand kids..they will be ruled......not governed. That
is the future, my friends.=20

There is no public safety issue here...only bullshit! As free men, there =
is
no need to prove your worthy ness to own a military vehicle....to anyone.
Period!..Only if you lay down and accept it.

In every aspect of life...the FED is sticking their nose in our lives,
every day, more than ever. Whats up with that...it need to be stopped.

The problem is more and more people want the FED to do something for
them...and expect it. Prescription cards, child care, free food, special
interests wanting special consideration...and the Fed is ready and able to
cater to the masses......

Joe six pack, with his $40k job, a case of BUD......and a Lazy Boy =
recliner
and a mindless sit com........he is happy as shit as his rights are slowly
whittled away......as the politicians feed him shit about his tax dollars
being more wisely spent the FED, than he can,,,and he buys it!...For some
feel good legislation that makes more people dependent on the Government.

It all sucks...and is leading to big trouble in this country......Big
Trouble. It is insane.........when a Liar, cheat, philanderer gets away
with murder..and everyone says..its oK....it happens all the time........he=

shouldn't be impeached.......

HE LIED...under oath........something you and I could go to jail
for......if the oath to tell the truth, under threat of perjury is
diluted...there goes the justice system....

I guess we get what we deserve....................

Sorry for my rant......bad morning.

Jon

>The key to a reasonable solution is, I believe to categorize or
>classify vehicles, not only by age, but also by destination...
>WWI, WWII, Korean War, Nam, Gulf War etc...Obviously the older
>the materiel is, the lesser will it be perceived as a
>Quote-threat-Unquote. Same variations of the "threat
>perception" apply to soft-skinned vehicles versus armor...

BULLSHIT!

>Licenses to Import would accordingly require different levels of
>red tape, like, say, from nothing but a signature on a form for
>a jeep or a truck to a more involved background check and
>de-milling requirements for the weapon carriers and heavies...
>
>In any case, Jack and Lee Holland are absolutely right: we have

>to show that we are a responsible group, willing to listen and
>eventually (I can already see the flame mail coming!)
>compromise...

Show what.......we are a responsible group and need to PROVE NOTHING
..NOTHING. YOU don't get it....in a free country you are presumed
innocent.....or free, until you trespass........or proved guilty! .THATS =
IT!

>> The MVPA and the other affected groups can an should offer up
>their own ideas
>> of what would be a reasonable solution. Maybe something to
>assure the
>> government the imported armor is NOT going to some crazy or
>felon with ill
>> intentions.

Solution?????????.....there is and has been no
problem...................only in some minds........

CRAZY,.,.,.......how the hell will you Prove you have no evil
intentions???????????????????????????????????????????????

>It should be easy for us as a group to demonstrate the
>historical value of vintage armor and light vehicles... much
>tougher obviously for more recent vehicles for which the
>historical interest isn't quite there yet... The important thing
>here is to establish clearly in everyone's mind that there is no
>correlation between military vehicles and weaponry. None.
>Period! Different objects, different pursuits, different
>battles...

Demonstrate....???????????? Who are these geeks we are demonstrating
to...where the hell have they been....under a rock?

>SNIP
>>
>> Reality check: The political climate is absolutely against us.

WHO SAYS....some ass at BATF.......the same guys that along with the
FBI...fried women and children a few years ago....and were caught lying
about it...............................................

>Alas, it is true and I won't dwell on the reasons why...
>
>SNIP>
>
>. However, a thoughtful, well
>> reasoned response from our MVPA is the way we want to go. It
>may not only
>> resolve this issue, but establish our credibility at the
>levels we need too.
>>
>We should insist that the membership be part of the drafting of
>such response... Not to say that a referendum should take place,
>but to make sure that all voices have been equally heard before
>the ink dries...

This all sucks...better warm up your phones...and write letters...the
computer is very powerful....WRITE...and keep your powder dry........you
might need it.......

Jon Shoop

One more thing...in a compromise world with these people...you just loose =
little at a time...but know it. and know it now, you will lose it
all..eventually!

>Antoine Compin
>Sherman Oaks, California
>
>1943 Willys MB & '44 MBT