Re: [MV] trailer question: USMC or US Army?

Lida L. Bensinger (mitymite@juno.com)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:28:06 -0400

I'm not sure who the original sender was so am sending this response to
the list -

>>My M416 has four lifting points, for slinging to helicopters, cranes,
>etc. Evidently it was somewhat unusual. It is two long entended
>squared-type ovals that are attached underneath to the frame, one front
and one
>rear. The ends are then bowed upward. They sit out far enough that when

>slung, the straps don't fold the trailer's sides in.........

Doe is also have brackets welded to frame in front of fenders to mount 5
gallon gas cans?

>Is it possible that you have the M416-B trailer that was made
>exclusively for the Mitey Mite???? I've only seen one and it had these
lifting
>loops from each corner that were noticabley different from the garden
>variety M416. I believe the M416-B trailer used the same wheels as the
Mitey
>Mite (M422) which are noticebly dished further out and have larger vent
>holes (or whatever they are called) than the M151 wheels.

This is true.

Daryl

D&L Bensinger mitymite@juno.com
2442 Main St.