[MV] GPW etched glass

King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:17:46 -0700

>Hi -
>in the AAW V I or II, Ray Cowdery writes, that
>kits for etching Ford logos and dates on
>windshild glass are available...from Ford
>V8 clubs in the USA which would fit the GPWs.
>
>I have tried to locate a source for these kits
>w/o succsess - can anyone help ?
>
>Lars-Uwe Rudek
><RUDEK@SHH-HAMBURG.DE>

I can remember years ago working with some guys doing Rods and one of the
guys would coat the glass with a wax like parrafin.It had to be heated and
melted on the glass.Then the design was scratched or carved into the wax,and
an acid that eats glass was poured on and left for a certain amount of time
and later washed off.This would give a one layer image.For a multi layer
image the next part of the design was carved in after the first was done and
left and the second design would also get the acid treatment for the same
amount of time.This would almost give a 3 d effect.
I don't think kits like this are available but rather it is becoming a lost
art like using lead for body work.
Andre