Re: [MV] GPW etched glass

ET =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lance=2DG=F3mez?= (etlance@execpc.com)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:08:14 -0500

Hydrofluoric acid (HF) also eats its way into your flesh destroying the nerves as it goes. That way you don't even know that it is doing
damage. I DON'T recommend that anyone use HF unless they have access to a chemistry lab with all the proper safety equipment. I know that
most of us deal with hazards everyday whether in our work or hobby. But this is one case where unless you are trained, you are just not
prepared to work safely.

Not to seem self important, I have a PhD in chemistry and have extensive lab experience including working with radioactive elements like
plutonium. So unless you have this background, I can't recommend you work with HF.
TED