Re: [MV] DRMS Bidding and M35's (long)

Bryan Rupp (ruppster@alaskalife.net)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:43:26 -0800

mblair1@home.net wrote:

> However, a careful perusal of the terms in the catalog for sale
> 31-9364, as well as the Sale By Reference pamphlet, suggests that
> floating bids will not be honored.

The one I participated in did not have any restrictions stating that
floating bids would not be allowed. While the bidding form on the DRMS
web page described it but did not let you select "floating" as a type
of bid I called DRMS and talked to a gentleman whose name I can't
remember right now. He confirmed that the catalog for this particular
sale did not forbid it and therefore I could place a floating bid by
explaining what I wanted to do in the comments section at the bottom
of the bidding form. But as you pointed out this is dependent on the
terms listed in the catalog of sale.

> I guess I'll need to bid on several trucks, and be prepared to
> dispose of extra trucks if I win too many bids... I may be able to
> afford and store two of them, but three would be a problem!

Warning, if you win a bid on an item through a national auction and
you do not pay for it DRMS will bill you for 10 percent of your bid.
If you do not pay you will get bared from DRMS auctions.

Bryan