Re: [MV] Winches

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:30:38 -0700 (PDT)

Well, that would come under rigging. That is a whole 'nother chapter.
I was just starting the discussion with "basic" operation.

This is where one should consult the manuals: "Wheeled Vehicle
Operator", "Difficult Driving", "Rigging", and the manual for winch
operation for the vehicle in question. That way the subject of
anchoring the truck is covered, too. You know, where it says not to
use the service brakes when winching? Too bad it doesn't tell you why!

Joe F.