Re: [MV] Winching vehicles

fv74@altavista.net
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:29:35 -0400 (EDT)

Gary

I used my snatch block and my MB to stand a 40 foot ornamental purple tree back up today. I could not get a clean pull otherwise. The tree was brought down by hurricane Floyd. I helped this guy with his tree because he thought it would be fun to help me jackhammer a mess of rocks some time ago. I have self recovered my vehicles and farm equipment so many times now that I have lost count. I did winch a few idiots out of the flood waters during the hurricane with my Dodge W300 because it seemed like the thing to do. One of them was yakking on a cell phone and did not notice the two foot deep water. It is hard to find a substantial grab on these new cars (oops).

Dave Fillman
45 MB