[MV] Naples/Vehicle Security

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:53:26 +0200

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:48:01 +0200>To: "Antoine" mil.veh@skylee.com>
From: "Raimondo L. Torelli" thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it>
Subject: [MV] Naples/Vehicle Security

>At 20.47 27/09/99 -0700, ANTOINE wrote:
>>During WWII, American troops in Naples (Italy) were >known to
>>remove the steering wheels from their parked Jeeps...

This is absolutely NOT true: here in Naples we don't remove
steering wheels from our cars... we just chain it with a steel chain around
the seat frame... (chuckle!). Also, there is an aftermarket device to
easily spring-disassemble the gear lever from the tunnel and... (again
chuckle!) bring it away with us... Also... we use to disassemble the rotor
from the coil ignition box and... bring it away with us... Of course there
are many more neapolitan tricks, too many to be listed here (before Arthur
will decide to flame me...!)!

>>Then there were pictures (taken in France I think, not >sure..) of a
side>door-strap eyelet bolted to the middle >of the Jeep dash, so that>one
could padlock the gear >lever in reverse...
>>Antoine

Best regards and don't forget to

KEEP THEM ROLLING!!!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.