[MV] Weare VW pictures

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:06:21 +0200

At 14.37 29/09/99 +0000, PETE wrote:
>Raimondo,
>
>If I remember correctly, they said it was a fifties->something VW that
>had been set up to look like MV. I don't recall that it >was
camouflaged;>I remember it being sand colored. >Unfortunately, I don't have
access to>a scanner, but then >I haven't gotten around to developing the
photos
>from the meet. There had been a photo a recent Army >Motors of the>genuine
article, and to my untrained eye, >the rig at Weare looked pretty>accurate.
Sorry I can't be >more specific.

> Pete Davis
> pandr@cybertours.com

Sep 30 1999

Pete,
Thank you! I do not remember at the moment the photo you mentioned in ARMY
MOTORS, I shall check this evening and if I cannot trace it I shall ask
your help!
Please, check your photos after developing: do you have any showing
markings? Or the back of the car? It "should" have a split rear window to
more correctly represent a WWII VW field car!
I have seen Joe Young photo (thanks again, Joe!) and it only shows the
Notek light on the left fender, no jerrycan on the back left fender.
If you have any photo showing the back/rear window (it seems to me that it
was under a tree, perhaps not in the best position to take a photo!) or the
markings, I shall appreciate to have copy of them. I shall be pleased to
reimburse you any expense involved (printing, air mail postage, etc.).

Thank you again,
Regards and
Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.