Re: [MV] How to plug oil filter on GPW

fv74@altavista.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:34:24 -0400 (EDT)

Jonathon

In my opinion any old unrebuilt motor should run nondetergent oil. The reason is that a detergent oil could break loose the sludge and deposits and clog the oil pickup. If you have had the oil pan off an engine and it doesn't look too bad, then I would run detergent oil. I also like to use magnetic drain plugs.

Dave Fillman
45 MB