Re: [MV] Willys MB conversion 6V to 12 V

fv74@altavista.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:17:42 -0400 (EDT)

Antoine

I assume you live in France. If you do, I believe that the M201 Hotchkiss is 12 volt and will have everything that you need. If not, I can help you. When I purchased my MB it was already converted to 12 volt. My jeep has a generator and regulator from a 1961 Ford Falcon. You can use an alternator, but it doesn't look right. Use a ballast resistor from a 1960's vintage Chrysler product on your original coil. The headlights are # GE 4000. The 6V starter will work fine. The 6V headlight switch seems to be working fine. Obviously all of the smaller bulbs will have to be swapped out. If you need these numbers, let me know. The ammeter, oil psi and water temp gages will work fine. I have not hooked up my gas gage yet, but I believe it will need a 12 to 6 volt converter. You could also buy a 12 volt gas gage. I was able to hide my 12 volt regulator inside of a burned out 6V housing to make it look original. The purists will give you grief, but I prefer 12 volt reliability.