Re: [MV] M-35A2 starting question

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:20:52 -0300

Joe Young wrote:
>Some people swear by WD40. I can't get it to work. Supposedly, you
>don't get the knocks and it's not as volatile as ether.

My experience with a recalcitrant diesel (on a Ruston-Hornsby narrow-gauge
railway engine that had to be hand-cranked) is that a table-spoon of petrol
(gasoline to you rebellious colonials ;-) poured on the air-filter element
does wonders for starting on a cold wet Welsh morning.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Parana River.

Renaud et Margaret OLGIATI No act of kindness,
Cerro Cora 3662 no matter how small,
Asuncion (Paraguay) ever goes completely unpunished.
(595)(21) 210 474 _______ rolgiati@infonet.com.py _______(595)(981) 457 140