Re: [MV] CES kit? - Ferret Mk 2/3

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:01:27 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com <LEEnCALIF@aol.com>
To: Mil-veh@skylee.com <Mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 18 October 1999 17:52
Subject: [MV] CES kit? - Ferret Mk 2/3

>Does anyone have the check off list of items contained in the CES kit?
>

>I've got about 70% of it, but would like it complete, especially type and
>amount of ammo carried and crew weapons. (We're using the Browning 1919A-4)

The MoD CES list for Mk1 and Mk2 vehicles (1969), which does not include items
of personal kit for the crew or their weapons shows:

Mechanics tools:-
Adjustable spanner.
Grease gun.
Hammer.
Keys for engine cover, flywheel plug and drain plugs.
Oil cans, ½ pint (imp) and 1 quart (imp) capacities.
Oil injector.
Open ended spanners (7).
Pliers.
Screwdriver.
Spark plug spanner.
Tommy bar.
Tool bag.
Wheel nut spanner.
4 Ton hydraulic jack and handle.

Pioneer tools:-
Matchet.
Matchet sheath.
Pickaxe head.
Pickaxe helve. (carried separately)
Shovel.
Wire cutters.

Drivers and Crew equipment:-
Anti-dim compound.
Glass screens for observation ports.
Inspection lamp.
Periscopes.
Removable windshield and windshield wiper assembly.

Other equipment:-
Canvas bucket.
Cleaning brushes. (2)
Cooking pots.
Foot pump.
Funnel for fuel filler.
Padlocks (for stowage bins, engine covers and turret hatch.
Plastic water container.
Portable cooker.
Sand channels/trench crossing channels. (2)
Starting handle.
Strap (for pots and cookers)
Tow rope/recovery chain.
Tyre pressure gauge.

Weapons equipment:-
Case for signal pistol.
Signal (Very) pistol.
Tools and spares for .30 cal Browning.

Additional items:-
First aid kits (2)
Camouflage net.
CTC, BCF or water type fire extinguishers (at least 5)
Vessel, boiling, electric. (kettle)
Map case.
Radio antenna case.
Vacuum (thermos) flasks (2)