Re: [MV] MB(GP) mirrors

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:30:07 -0500

Mick wrote;
>To the best of my knowledge, MB's and GPW's were never equipped to have a
>mirror on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Some Ford GP jeeps WERE built at the factory with a mirror on the
right (passenger) side. These GPs were built for the Dutch (Netherlands
East Indies). There were over 300 of them shipped in 1941 and a photo of
one of them is on page 4 of the book "Jeeps Over the Pacific". These jeeps
had a mirror bracket on each side of the windshield frame. The mirrors,
along with electric windshield wipers and turn signals, were requirements
of the Dutch orders.

Jim Gilmore MVPA # 5843

Member Ist Michigan AOD Chapter MVPA
Great Lakes Chapter MVPA