RE: [MV] Found a Chevy truck in a junk yard

Keith, Steve (Steve.Keith@compaq.com)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 06:52:50 -0500

Does it have a live front axle?

Sound civy to me. The numbers are not WW2 military. Musta been a tight fit
with that GMC V6 in there. They are quite large...

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: jonathon [mailto:jemery@execpc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 11:54 PM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Found a Chevy truck in a junk yard

Found an old WWII vintage Chevy truck that is green and appears to have
always been green. All I can see on the data plate is "Model 210R04" and a
"3175" and a "12,000#". As this a mil unit? The trucks pretty much junk,
it's had a front boom added and rear bed mounted (that is mounted where the
bed was) winch. Engine for sure is not original, it's one of those big GMC
V-6's (305, 351, 401, or 478).

je