Re: [MV] ongoing Multi Fuel problem and progress report

mblair1@home.net
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 08:48:25 -0800

Tom Bauer <tomb@ccpl.carr.org> wrote:
> THIS IS SOMETHING ALL MULTIFUEL TURBO OWNERS SHOULD CHECK !! Put a 0
> - 100 psi gauge on the final filter air vent and a 0 - 10 psi gauge
> on the intake manifold.

Some engines (like mine) don't have a vent on the final filter, but
instead just have one between the secondary and final filters. Can I
put a gauge there, instead?

On an unrelated note, is it normal for the oil pressure needle to
shake a lot, or should it be rock-steady? I know my gauge and sender
are good, because I replaced both of them, and I bench-tested them
with regulated air pressure before installing them. Next weekend, I
plan to re-check the wiring and make sure the gauge and panel are
well-grounded, and probably also drop the oil and make sure the
filters look clean. The oil looks quite clean, so I might be dumping
$25 of good oil, but I don't know what happened to my truck before I
got it from DRMO, so I figure it's better to be a bit paranoid...

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/