Re: [MV] 1952 M38A1 Runs Rough

From: Mark McKee (omnitech@sound.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 05:27:52 PST

Tom,

Compression should read somewhere between 90 - 130 PSIG, according to the
manual. My '52 ranged from 105-120 on the different cylinders, and it seems
to run fine.

It sounds like you might have a partially blocked main jet in the carb. I
rebuilt my carb myself, and it wasn't at all difficult if you can keep track
of all the small pieces and where they go. Most of the suppliers on the list
can get you a carb rebuild kit, check the magazines.

I've got a set of instructions for rebuilding the carb that I think I got
off of the "CJ3B" page on the net. I'll get you the web address when I get
to work later today.

Good luck.

Mark McKee
'52 M38A1 (s/n MD 22468)