Re: [MV] Indian motorcycle question

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 07:22:46 PST

There isn't anything special about this plating- it is regular parkerizing,
the green tint provided by certain elements added to the phosphating
mixture( I don't know exactly which elements). Best thing to do is talk to
a gunsmith who does parkerizing on a regular basis, and maybe do some
experimentation with the home parkerizing mixes. The other thing to do is
not worry about it too much. I have different NOS Indian parts from WWII,
and all of them have different shades of parkerizing. Indian used this on
pre-war bikes as well as WWII era bikes. If you can't find what you want,
email me and I can check my sources.