Re: [MV] Of Mutts and Men...

From: Winne, Jim (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 17:11:24 PST

> Subject: [MV] Of Mutts and Men...
> Date: Monday, December 06, 1999 17:27 PM
>
> Sadly, the government is not the only culprit here;
  lawyers (no offense to any listers)

Greetings Henry and List,

I am afraid that the insurance companies are one of the major culprits in
this battle. There was a dispute a while back where the insurance
institute was trying to convince everyone that because SUV's were heavier
and survived crashes better than current autos and that they survived at
the expense of all of the "crummy motorized beer cans" that the auto
industry peddles here in the states for big bucks. For this reason they
were lobbying to ban SUV's. Well, I could see where this argument was
headed. My ugly old army truck would be concidered a real killer! I
contend that it is no worse than any school bus that ever traveled the
streets of my (or any other) town. They would have a hard time convincing
a jury of my piers. Unfortunately, I wonder if a jury of reasonable folks
still exist anywhere.

I'd be willing to bet the insurance companies are as much the enemy as
anyone else. No offense to any insurance agents out there in MV land.

signed,
Frustrated in Florida, usa
Jim MVPA #17216