[MV] Reactions of Non MV Owners

From: Gary Pavone (gpavone@thegrid.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 10:05:16 PST

I own two MV's and I get two very different reactions depending on what I'm
driving. When I'm in my '53 M38A1 I get a lot of very complementary remarks.
When I'm driving my M1009 I get stares and very few comments. I live in an
area that is comprised of people who fancy themselves as independent and
self sufficient, but I think they are offended by something big and camo. A
buddy of mine has a Kubelwagon (replica) painted up like the Afrika Corp and
you should see the reaction he gets! He says I should get a deuce and a half
and cruise it downtown in traffic with a big bumper sticker on the back that
says "Screw You".

Thanks for letting me rant.

Gary Pavone
gpavone@thegrid.net