Re: [MV] Rear Axels

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 11:29:22 PST

Jackson,

I found that TM9-803 says to use a lockwasher and tighten the axle bolts securely. Assuming that the bolts are the equivalent of SAE grade 5 they should be torqued to 38 ft. lbs. SAE grade 2 requires 23 ft. lbs. Grade 5 has 3 lines on the head and grade 2 has none. My rear axle bolts have the Ford f script on them. My front axle bolts are SAE grade 7 with 5 lines on the head. I have now managed to confuse myself and I probably should have kept my comments to myself.

Dave Fillman
45 MB