Re: [MV] Re:Workers sez Willeez

From: Patricia Gibbons (wa6ube@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 11:13:51 PST

there's an interesting parallel here.......

you're all familiar with the M1 rifle...commonly called
the "Garand"?????...of course you are.

and you remember that most everyone pronounces garand
as "guh-RAND" to rhyme with grand or brand or stand.

ask anyone who worked for John Garand at Springfield....
he pronounced his own name as "GAIR-end", which nearly
rhymes with parent.

cheers

carla (tricia's partner)

--

Patricia E. Gibbons Acting Chief Communications Technician City of San Jose - ITD/communications <http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=wa6ube> ...................................... My Public Key is available at: <http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xEDECB44F> Key ID: 0xEDECB44F This key is RSA, NOT Diffie-Hellman !!