[MV] Kubelwagen/Type 181 pictures

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 23:34:39 PST

At 11.23 09/12/99 EST, DERYK wrote:
>As a Thing owner, ...
     ... snip ...
>BTW for >Parades with Military Youth Groups, I have >camo'd >my >Thing
with poster paint, both in Desert and >Woodland. It >looks great
especially with the addition >of cammo netting in >strategic places.
>Some owners have retrofitted their Things with motorcycle >fenders and
WWII German
>camo. The Thing Shop in Mesa, AZ, sells a kit to mount >the spare wheel
on >the hood the same as the Kubel.

>For more information, there is a Thing List, similar to the Mil-Veh list.
If >you are interested I can e-mail you the address. If you need any more
>information, I would be happy to help.
>
>Regards,
>
>Deryk Walker
>1944 Dodge Command Car
>1974 VW Thing (for sale).

Dec 10 1999

Deryk!
Yes, I am interested too: may I have, please, the THING LIST address and
info on how to subscribe?

Also, do you have any picture of your (chuckle!) camouflaged 181? I would
like to see it!!

Also, please, explain the motorcycle fenders on the THING. I have not
understood the reason for this change. Any picture?

Do you live in Arizona? I have been to Tombstone/O.K. Corral in 1996! I
hope to come back...

Thank you!
Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878

Keep Them Rolling!!!