Re: [MV] Ferret Serial Numbers

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 01:34:34 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Wallace <iwallace@uswest.net>
To: Mil-veh@skylee.com <Mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 11 December 1999 08:31
Subject: [MV] Ferret Serial Numbers

>Does a Ferret have a true "serial number" of the type usually required
>to register a motor vehicle? As in stamped somewhere?

Yes it does.

There is a large cast data plate about 6"x4" about drivers shoulder height on
the RHS inside of the hull (might be LHS but you wont miss it), if original, the
4 digit hull number will be on this although if you unbolt the plate the hull
number is also stamped into the hull itself behind it.

>Ian Wallace, Ferret Questing...
>
>ps.. Is "Ferret" pronounced "Fer -ay" ;-) - Sorry, I just had to do
>that...

Now, now.

Well you can try Daimler as in 50's speak, "Daighm - largh." Eating a small
plum simultaneously helps a lot.

Richard
(Southampton UK)