[MV] Registration help

From: Damon Gentile (damonfg@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 07:50:34 PST

Headed to my local town office / DMV today.
Taxes on the M54 were no problem, they gave
me a flat rate based on model year (1955).

BUT...

I was about an inch away from getting an
antique plate when she asked me GVW. Turns
out that Maine antique plates are for GVW <6000#.
She quoted me commercial registration at >400$
a year. I could push it into motorhome (this is
a open bed cargo) class at $300 per year.

Commercial plates also mean I need a CDL and
need to support all the DOT restrictions, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts as to how else I
could register this ?

Wondering,
-Damon