[MV] Re: Mil Crane For Sale

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 19:54:10 PST

Gee's I've had a dozen replies on the crane. So I just happened to be
driving by there today (yea right, it's 10 miles out of the way) and I got
the scoop on it.

It is an American Hoist and Derrick Model 2380, FSN3810-763-7728. It has
350 hours and 650 miles on it. Has 2 engines, I think he said a V8 Cummins
for the chassis drive and a straight 6 Cummins for the crane. 20 ton
capacity and a 30' boom. Really REALLY nice condition. Price is $15kUS
non-degotiable.

Now for more of the story. I go into the service counter for the company
that the thing is sitting in front of and start asking questions. They (the
office staff) really want to sell it bad. They go get some guy from the
back who is the brother of the owner of the company, which I found out makes
sewer camera systems, vacuums, and cleanout machines. I mentioned that some
people on the internet MV list were interested and we start talking about
MV's. He drove mules and goats in Vietnam. A buddy of his just put
together a HMMV from parts and he asked me if I knew other parts sources. I
mentioned AM and MV. I then told him I just happen to have the latest copy
of MV in the car and would he like to see it. Of course he did and I think
they will be getting another subscriber now. But..... he was paging thru
the mag and found an add for the same crane (model that is). So.... look in
the Jan/Feb 2000 Military Vehicles magazine on page 118, lower right corner,
that's the same unit (well almost, there is a 2380 and a 2385, don't know
the difference but one manual covers both).

Of course you want to know who has it and I just realised I forgot the guys
card at the shop. Basically it is about 20 miles north west of Milwaukee
Wisconsin. If anyone is still interested let me know and I'll forward that
name and number.

Later,

je