Re: [MV] M35 Manuals

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 20:19:13 PST

I didn't see Todd's original posting, so somebody holler if I'm
answering the wrong question. :-)

John Hutterer <john.hutterer@deltec.com> wrote:
> Todd,
> Try Portrayal Press. They have the manuals you need, and lots of other books
> with pretty pictures:).

Personally, I recommend the newer TM 2320-361-* series over the older
TM 2320-209-* series. There's an even older version of the -209 series
which some folks like, but I found the latest printing(s) of the -209
series to have a startlingly low amount of useful information per
pound/inch/dollar. Portrayal carries both the -361 and the newer -209
versions.

Did that make any sense? :-)

The ones I recommend are:

TM 2320-361-10 Operator's manual

TM 2320-361-20 Organizational maintenance (this is the one you'll
                 use the most)

TM 2320-361-34 Direct support/general support (covers some things
                 not in the -20)

TM 2320-361-34P Parts (so you can get part numbers for things you
                 need to order; also sometimes useful to see if parts
                 are missing; has lots of exploded diagrams and parts
                 lists)

LO 2320-209-12 Lubrication order

You may also need to get your hands on the manuals for engine rebuild,
transmission service, fuel pump service (which I suspect is beyond the
capabilities of most collectors), etc. if you need to do more detailed
repairs. Portrayal has those, too, but if your truck is running well
and you're neither as curious nor as anal-retentive as I am, you could
put off getting them. :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/