Re: [MV] Mule wheels and tires

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 18:58:40 PST

>Bob Freolich doesn't have 'em...
>Lou Bircheff doesn't have 'em...
>Leonard Grove doesn't have 'em...

What about Monty? He was selling mag ones.

>So, I have come to the conclusion that original M274 Mechanical Mule wheels are
>NOWHERE to be found. That having been said, I am requesting that those who
have
>successfully converted readily available civilian wheels for use please let me
>know how you did it, and how I can make it happen. I appriciate all of the past
>suggestions, but now I need parts numbers and details, as it has become
>imperative that I get this dang mule up and running (or at least rolling).

I made a batch of wheels a few years ago, steel two piece bolt together
type. I sold all but 2 I think. We decided that due the cost of buying the
wheel in the first place, we could not sell it for a reasonable price. If
originals really are that hard to get now, maybe we should look at this
again. The hole pattern (5 on a 5-1/2" circle) and center hole are the
same as the MB/GPW/CJ2..... , but the studs are 3/8" on a mule v.s. 1/2 on
the jeeps. I have wondered, but never looked into, wether one of the big
wheel places would concider making a 12" wheel with this center??? 12"
tires are far more plentiful than 10".

Later,

je