Re: [MV] Star (Occupational/M series)

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 10:32:43 PST

Jim,
The star inside the circle was called an "invasion star" used for all
vehicles headed from England to Normandy.. I've learned from the list that
by the end of the war in Europe GI's were painting white all over their
vehicles to avoid accidents and friendly fire. Prior to 1944 and in the
Pacific theatre you will usually only see stars (no circle) on jeeps.
Jess Minton
1942 GPW (star no circle)
Arlington, TX 76016

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>