Re: [MV] Pictures of my new HMMWV on-line

From: steve shaw (gyrene37@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 05:23:19 PST

Mark:
Your HMMWV looks fine and I hope you enjoy it. Wish I could afford one.
One minor point to remember, however: You alluded to the vehicle as an
"ex-Marine" HMMWV - as any Marine will tell you there is no such thing
as an "ex-Marine"
(Once a Marine - Always a Marine) and we always refer to ourselves as
"former Marines" for those of us who did our hitch and returned to
civilian life or "retired Marines" for those who made it a career. I
contend that this includes vehicles also and that "former Marine HMMWV"
would be the correct nomenclature for your vehicle.
With tongue firmly in cheek, I wish you a Happy and Safe Y2K and years
of pleasure with your new MV.

Semper Fi!

Steve Shaw

'51 M-37 s/n 80011547