Re: [MV] MV related sights in France

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 03:50:28 PST

At 10:24 28/12/99 +0100, you wrote:

>I will be spending some time in St.Nazaire in France. Can anyone suggest
>any museums, surplus dealers, etc. worth a visit within a reasonable
>travelling distance?

If you are interested in permanent fortification, there is an impressive
ammount in St Nazaire and on both sides of the Loire estuary, mostly
between Le Croisic (North) and St Brevin (south).

Dont miss visiting what is left of the submarine base in St Nazaire
harbour, and the bomb-proof lock they built to allow access to the tidal
basin.

On the old road to Pornichet and La Baule, there is a small military
cemetary where most of the dead of the Cambelltown raid are buried,
together with the victims of the sinking og the Lancastria, early in the war.

No museums (apart from the sub base) or dealers that I know of, but its 15
years since I lived there.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.
   MVT 886 Listmaster : WW II Wolkswagen List
   http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/kubel/kubele.htm

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>