Re: [MV] 2.5-ton multifuel oil filter change

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 20:03:16 PST

>... There's a small non-barbed hose nipple on the end, so
>by attaching a length of rubber hose, I was able to drain the last
>dregs from the filter body very easily without making a mess. I got my
>truck from the DRMS, so I believe that this modification was made by
>the military. I couldn't get a good picture of the valve, because my
>truck's hot water personnel heater was in the way.

Sounds like a common oil drain valve available from any truck parts place.
They come in almost every thread ever used and with or without the hose
nipple. Recently I got a 3/4 pipe thread one and a 18mm straight thread one
as well as others in the past. The valve is a little different than a
normal valve in that the lever must be lifted slightely to clear a gate,
this keeps it from ever opening due to vibration or hitting a branch or
whatever. I have them on almost everything I own, makes oil changes much
easier. I could get a brand name maybe. If your at a loss as to where to
find them call Fuel Systems in Milwaukee WI at 262-781-4353.

Later,

je

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>