Re: [MV] Standards(repro jeep tubs)

From: Swoop737@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 10:08:49 PST

I feel that repro tubs shouldn't be allowed in any vehicle judging
competitions, but if someone wants to use a jeep with a repro tub for
reenactments or parades, let them!
I do not think that a restored jeep with a repro tub can really be considered
a true WW2 jeep, however. (No disrespect intended to those who have such a
jeep.) I know, of coarse, that some jeep body tubs are too far gone to
restore, and one has to do with what's available on the market. For me,
finding original parts is the way to go. They cost more and the restoration
may take a bit longer to complete, but the satisfaction of having a mostly
original WW2 jeep is great. I respect ANYONE who loves these vehicles as
much as I do. I guess everyone's thoughts of a "restored" vehicle may differ
some, but we all are all in this hobby for much the same reasons. Take care
everyone!

Sincerely,
Michael O'Connell
WWII HRS