Re: [MV] Caution Left Hand Drive Stencilling

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 16:09:08 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Renaud OLGIATI <rolgiati@conexion.com.py>

...>Was this not also a peculiarity of the first Land Rovers ?
***** Prototype Land Rover was centre drive (not center old chap, mind your
English spelling!) but first production types were right hand drive. (I
happened to see this in a book on Land Rovers in a bookstore an hour ago.)
Confusingly the book called the RHD Land Rover the "first", but then a
number of pages later, shows the "prototype" which has thre centre drive
position! Out of chronological sequence! Confusing. Luckily I kept looking
as the "first" info did not jibe with my memory ... or what I had just
posted to the MV list.

The
CAUTION
LEFT HAND DRIVE
NO SIGNAL
marking on the backs of jeeps was quite common in the UK, especially on US
Army jeeps.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB