Re: [MV] Stupid Tests & HMMWV Registrations

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 22:13:24 PST

In a message dated Sun, 19 Mar 2000 7:01:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, jim gilmore <jgilmore@oeonline.com> writes:
major snippage here....

> Most of us on the list have little experience with something we Machine Gun people call "The Stupid Test".

Jim & list,

If you want to get right down to brass tacks, last time I saw this test was on a Motor Vehicle Bureau application for registration renewal. It says :"Driving and vehicle ownership is a privelege, NOT a right. Therefore, fill this stupid paper out, put your social security number on it, (that's right, the one they told you would NEVER be used for Centralized Identification.. that one!) and put all your money in a large envelope, put the stamp on the INSIDE, and send it to us. Make the check out to the Motor Vehicle Employee's Recreation Fund. Then, buy very expensive and almost impossible to get CAR INSURANCE from anyone related by blood to a state assemblyman, prove that you did this by displaying the stupid paper HE sends you, and we'll send in return yet another stupid paper which you MUST CARRY WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES to keep the police from beating you to death.
Hummers or no hummers....we all failed the stupid test when that one came around!
Anyone..your papers please?