(no subject)

From: CERANTHIA@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 06:37:31 PDT

Hey everyone, if you happen to be in the northeast the weekend of June 10&11.
I would highly reccomend the Gaspee Day Parade in Pawtuxet Village,Pawtuxet
Rhode Island. The parade starts at 1000hrs,lots of cannonfire and
musketfire. After the parade everyone heads down to Gaspee Point to watch
the "Burning of the Gaspee",lots of fun. For those of you that have never
heard of this,you're not alone. The Boston tea party gets all the fame,but
in 1772 a group of men met under the guise of a Masonic meeting and planed
the attack on the HMS. Gaspee. They went out in a small ,shallow draft vessel
called the Hanna. They engaged the HMS Gaspee in a short fire fight. The
Gaspee gave chase and ran aground on Warwick sholes. The crew of the Gaspee
surrendered, the only casualty was the captain who was very drunk and was
dropped while they were lowering him into a longboat. He got off easy with a
broken leg and he was given medical treatment,even though he was considered a
butcher and a murderer for destroying any colonial ship that crossed his
path. He also was known to "Feed Colonists to the Fish". They then set the
Gaspee afire and waited till the magazine blew her apart. Enjoy your
freedom,never take it for granted!!! I'll be driving my M-35 in the parade
right behind the Presidential honor guard and the Korean War Vets,the event
is rain or shine. See you all there.

Mike in Plymouth,Ma.
1969 Kaiser M-35A2C