Re: [MV] Kubelwagen type 82 and Schwimmwagen type 166 - WW2 models only

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 19:03:51 PDT

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> I am interested in selling in the USA a Volkswagen Schwimmwagen type 166 and a
> Kubelwagen type 82 (world war 2 german vehicles). The vehicles are located in
> France. However, I only have an approximate idea about the current value of such
> vehicles in the US. Would it be please possible for you to give me more
> information about the current value of such vehicles? Thank you.

Depends a lot on the condition of the cars;

Sold my Kuebel in '98, before leaving France, got about 120.000
Francs (20.000$) for it; but it was completely restored, in museum
condition, period engine and gearbox, all accessories in their holders in
the engine compartment, new canvas all round, etc..

I would expect a Schwimm to reach three times that, in similar condition.

Remember to factor in the cost of shipping if you want to sell in the
States; why not sell in France ? ;-)

I know one or two guys who specialize in war-time VWs, mail me off-list.

Good luck anyway,

Ron the Frog, Kubel Guru on the banks of the Paraguay River.

 --

                         Silence is not always golden,
                         sometimes it is plain yellow.

              --- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati ---