Re: [MV] trailer

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 04:58:26 PDT

Chris
That's an average price for an early 3/4 ton trailer. I've towed them behind
my M1009 and it did fine. The US military says no more than a 1/4 ton behind
the M1009, though. Keep an eye on your hitch. Mine did start to loosen up
after a couple years and I've seen parts of the hitches rusty on Blazers,
especially the square tubing part. I did up grade to the A2 style 3/4 ton
trailer which has Chevy wheels, instead of the large M37 wheels, and
hydraulic surge brakes. I noticed a huge difference in performance. The
smaller wheel/tire combination has much less rolling resistance and the
brakes make a huge difference especially when loaded. The A2 series trailers
can get pricey. I have a M116A2 in like new condition for $950. I may bring
it to Tobyhanna in September. I'm in Virginia.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com