Re: [MV] HR 4205 at KC Convention????

From: MICHAEL PEELER (frnbulx@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 13:20:00 PDT

Hi, Lisa. Hi, all.

Yes, HR4205 was discussed at KC, at the general membership meeting on
Friday, August 11, 1:00 pm.

Lee Holland, MVPA president, stated that he has been in contact with a
number of people, discussing this matter in a point by point fashion. It
sounds to me that it is a high priority issue with the MVPA, and I can
believe the statements made that "it is a slow process".

Given his career in the military as Logistics Mgmt. Spec., I feel confident
that he knows his way around the system, and think Mr. Holland is handling
it the best way he can. In the general membership meeting, Mr. Holland
stated: "If you have any questions about the status of negotiations with
policymakers regarding this issue, you can call me directly, and if I am
unavailable at that time, I will return your call." His number is in the
book, as well as his e-mail address.

I for one have little problem with refraining from calling the politicians
myself - "Too many cooks spoil the broth" as they say; but we should all
keep our nose close to the kitchen door to see if something starts to
burn...

Michael Peeler
http://mvmarketplace.com