Re: [MV] Cannon Wheels

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 21:37:29 PDT

My museum is working with a neighbouring city to restore two 1850s British
cannons. They have a wheelwright making four replica wooden cannon wheels
for these guns. This is in British Columbia, Canada. Contact me off line at
my work e-mail stevens@city.burnaby.bc.ca and I can put you in touch with
the fellow.

There are some other wheelwrights throughout Canada and the USA who can
probably be found through Civila War re-enactment groups and museums, so you
may find one closer to where you are - wherever that is.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor MAPLE LEAF UP (Est. 1977) newsletter
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB