Re: [MV] B-17's, Jeeps and Flight Line

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 20:13:25 PST

Tim,

Ni hao.

Most of the B-17 footage for "Memphis Belle" was filmed in the UK. I think
they only used three or four airplanes, but made it look like more through
"Hollywood magic." At least one of the B-17's (maybe two) came from the US,
the remainder came from Europe (one from France, one from the UK?). I liked
seeing the airplane footage, but I think the screenplay really smelled! The
wartime "Memphis Belle" documentary was far more interesting (and
entertaining).

I haven't seen the TV series "Twelve O'Clock High" for many years. I just
don't think the interest is really there. The B-17 used in the TV series is
based in Chino, California where much of the airfield filming was done, and
has been on static display for many years. The museum
(http://www.planesoffame.org) is collecting money to finance its restoration
back to flying condition.

One of the local stations does still show "Combat!" reruns daily (and "Perry
Mason" too, Yahoo!!!!).

Brandon